Yoga has its own charm and benefits. While some yoga poses help in curing pain, some have a relaxing and soothing effect. Doctors too advise for regular Yoga sessions to keep one fit and healthy, with many pregnant women taking up Yoga during pregnancy.
Actor Kalki Koechlin was recently seen giving some prenatal Yoga inspiration on her Instagram who is in the last trimester of her pregnancy. Donning a Raw Mango teal-coloured kurta-pyjama set, the Sacred Games 2 actor was seen doing the Malasana or Garland pose and Utkata Konasena or Goddess pose. Both the yoga postures are known to give a calming effect and strengthening the hip for making labour easier respectively.
She captioned the picture, “Somewhere between malasana and goddess pose #yogaperks.”
The actor is also giving some pregnancy style inspiration and she looks absolutely stunning in the outfit which is playing peek-a-boo with the baby bum.
Here are some benefits of prenatal yoga –
- Prenatal yoga improves sleep.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
- It increases the strength, flexibility, and endurance of muscles required during childbirth.
- Decreases lower back pain, nausea, headaches, and shortness of breath.
- It promotes connection with the baby.
- Gives a healthier pregnancy.
Imbibe these tips to your life for a healthy pregnancy.
Photo credit: @kalkikanmani