Assam Transport department has fixed four boarding points in Guwahati for ferrying the people across the districts within the State.
In Guwahati, Paltan Bazar Bus Stand, Machkhowa, ISBT and Adabari points have been fixed as the designated boarding points.
AP Tiwari, MD, Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) said, “In all other districts, the boarding point will be district headquarter ASTC station.”
As per the Ministry of Home Affairs guidelines, the Assam government will allow the inter-district movement from April 25th, 2020 to April 27th, 2020 during the COVID-19 lockdown. This will help the stranded people to commute back to their respective places.
Tiwari added, “Those people who have called and registered on 104 for inter-district travel, will receive an SMS Ticket containing bus details, name, Sl no, origin and destination and time and date of journey from ASTC. Only those people will be allowed to travel in buses after showing the SMS Ticket. Others are not allowed to come out during lockdown.”
The ASTC will run buses for the three days window period for the people without any vehicles or means of transport. The buses will ply on designated routes ensuring social distancing protocols to contain the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Out of 41000 registered people, 12, 600 people will be allowed to travel on April 25th, 2020. Wearing a face mask is mandatory for all passengers. The buses will start moving from 12 pm onwards.
The buses have also been sanitized and passengers will also be provided hand sanitizer at the pickup points before boarding the buses.
Check out the number of passengers coming out and going in for different districts on April 25
- Barpeta: Outgoing 48, incoming 39
- Biswanath: Outgoing 310, incoming 311
- Bongaigaon: Outgoing 112, incoming 192
- Cachar: Outgoing 301, Incoming 189
- Charaideo: Outgoing 12, incoming 48
- Chirang: Outgoing 15, incoming 16
- Darrang: Outgoing 204, Incoming: 310
- Dhemaji: Outgoing 313, Incoming 358
- Dhubri: Outgoing Nil, Incoming 80
- Dibrugarh: Outgoing 468, incoming 334
- Dima Hasao: Outgoing 104, Incoming 115
- Golaghat: Outgoing Nil, incoming 167
- Hailakandi: Outgoing 45, incoming 12
- Hojai: Outgoing 288, incoming 400
- Jorhat: Outgoing 423, incoming 309
- Kamrup Metro: Outgoing 1600, incoming 768
- Karimganj: Outgoing 134, incoming 264
- Kokrajhar: outgoing NIL, incoming NIL
- Majuli: Outgoing NIL, incoming NIL
- Morigaon: outgoing NIL, incoming 160
- Nagaon: outgoing 685, incoming 560
- Nalbari: outgoing NIL, incoming 240
- N. Lakhimpur: Outgoing 309, incoming 304
- Sivasagar: Outgoing 419, incoming 286
- Sonitpur: Outgoing 453, incoming 155
- South Salmara: Outgoing NIL, incoming Nil
- Tinsukia: Outgoing 236, incoming 412
- Udalguri: Outgoing 0, incoming 97