36 C
Guwahati
Sunday, August 7, 2022
More

    Irked Locals Slam Govt After Power Dept Employee Dies Of Electrocution In Biswanath

    SAYANIKA DEKA

    Biswanath, June 26, 2019

    After a casual worker of the state electricity department died after coming in contact with 11,000 volt live wire, the irked locals took to the streets and chanted slogans against the power department. They further gheraoed the electricity board office seeking justice for the deceased.

    Shocking photographs captured on a mobile phone showed Robin Das’s body in flames and his head separated from the body. He climbed an electric pole when he came in contact with a live wire.

    “Due to the negligence of the power department, Robin died today. The electricity department always sends casual workers to fix wires. The permanent employees are never assigned such work,” said a local.

    “I knew Robin personally. He married only a few years ago. He has a two-year-old child and was the sole bread earner of the family. Who is going to take responsibility of his family now?” added another local.

    Local MLA Pramod Borthakur has assured investigation and compensation to the next of kin. The protesters demanded Rs 50 lakh compensation and a job to one of the family members of Robin.

    Published:

    1 COMMENT

    Follow TIME8.IN on TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and on YOUTUBE to stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time

    First published

    ট্ৰেণ্ডিং