A morning walk may seem a tedious job but we can’t ignore the fact that it has multiple health benefits and it can also help us in meeting our weight loss goals.
Sending across this message, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on October 25th, 2019 shared a video of him enjoying a morning walk with Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju at the National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports in Dirang.
He wrote, “Walking is good. Early morning walk with Hon’ble Union MoS (Ind) Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju ji at National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (NIMAS), #Dirang.”
Netizens hailed the ministers for motivating people to take up physical activities to stay fit. Many said that the face of Indian politics has changed as ministers are now fitness freaks and sports enthusiasts.
Both the ministers started the walk to a remote village called Mago – Thingbu area of the state to complete the Gandhi Sankalp Yatra which was flagged off on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on October 2nd, 2019.
Some benefits of walking are –
- Walking increases cardiovascular fitness.
- It reduces the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
- Walking also lowers blood sugar level and eases joint pains.
- It helps in improving one’s mood and unleashes energy in the body.
- It also boosts the immune system and increases productivity.
Photo credit: @PemaKhanduBJP