As of December 1st, 2019, the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways has made FASTag lanes mandatory in all National highways and selected few State highways. With this new rule, vehicles now can seamlessly move across highways in India without having to stop the car to pay tax.
But, if you don’t put the electronic tag by December 1st, 2019 on your vehicle, you will be fined double the toll fee. The question here is where to get the electronic tag from and what exactly is the FASTag rule?
Fret not people, as we have a list points that explains the rule of FASTag and from where to get it from.
- FASTag is a prepaid tag facility which debits the toll amount from one’s bank account —mandatory for all vehicles, private and public.
- The National Highways Authority of India is providing free FASTags from November 22nd, 2019 to December 1st, 2019 at all toll plazas. RTO Offices and other transport hubs will provide these for free.
- The security deposit for a tag ranges from Rs 100 to 400 depending on the size of the vehicle.
- You can also buy FASTags online from Amazon at Rs 100. From December 1st, 2019 it will not be free anymore.
- To buy FASTags, you need to submit several documents which include, Registration Certificate of the vehicle, passport size photograph of the vehicle owner and KYC documents of the vehicle owner.
- Once you have the FASTag, you need to activate it by entering details related to you and your vehicle in MY FASTag mobile app.
- You can recharge your FASTag by logging in the app with your user ID or wallet ID and password. Click on the recharge button and you will be guided through the steps easily.
List of banks from where you can issue a FASTag are –
- Axis Bank: 1800-419-8585
- ICICI Bank: 1800-2100-104
- IDFC Bank: 1800-266-9970
- State Bank of India: 1800-11-0018
- HDFC Bank: 1800-120-1243
- Karur Vysya Bank: 1800-102-1916
- EQUITAS Small Finance Bank: 1800-419-1996
- PayTM Payments Bank Ltd: 1800-102-6480
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: 1800-419-6606
- Syndicate Bank: 1800-425-0585
- Federal Bank: 1800-266-9520
- South Indian Bank: 1800-425-1809
- Punjab National Bank: 080-67295310
- Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank: 1800-223-993
- Saraswat Bank: 1800-266-9545
- Fino Payments Bank: 1860-266-3466
- City Union Bank: 1800-2587200
- Bank of Baroda: 1800-1034568
- IndusInd Bank: 1860-5005004
- Yes Bank: 1800-1200
- Union Bank: 1800-222244
- Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd: 1800-2667183
Benefits of FASTag–
- It will ease traffic congestion at toll plazas,
- No need to carry extra cash to pay at toll plazas,
- SMS alerts will be sent to you for all your toll transactions,
- FASTag will reduce pollution in the air and will save papers.
It may be mentioned, by March 2020, FASTags will be applicable in all State highways.
Photo credit: tis.nhai.gov.in