3-Year-Old Charred To Death After House Catches Fire In Assam’s Silchar

A short circuit is said to be the reason behind the fire breakout


A three-year-old boy was burnt to death in a fire that broke out at his home in Cachar district’s Silchar on February 29th, 2020.

The deceased child has been identified as Ratnadeep Nath. The tragic incident took place at the Ambikapatty Point when a fire broke out in a four-storeyed residential complex Dinesh Enclave’s Flat No 22.

As per the locals, Ratnadeep was at home with a woman Silpi Nath when the fire broke out. Before they could rush out of the house, the fast-moving fire engulfed the entire house.

Sarbari Nath, the mother of the child was in the office at the time of the accident. She works in the Water Resources department. While the business father, Ramendu Nath was out of town.

The charred body of the child was recovered from the house by the firefighters, who were called to douse the flames by the neighbours.

Silpi has been rushed to the Silchar Medical College and Hospital. The locals said she sustained 90 per cent burn injuries.

A short circuit is said to be the reason behind the fire breakout. Ratnadeep was a nursery student at the Silchar Collegiate School. An investigation into the matter is underway.

A similar tragic incident shook Guwahati this January. Eight-year-old Ishan Krishnatriya and his three-year-old brother Evan Krishnatriya were killed on the spot as a major fire engulfed their residence in Wireless Beltola’s Bylane No 1. A magisterial probe has been ordered into the matter.

Photo: @yasinmazumder